Login Department of Agricultural Chemistry, National Taiwan University
Our institute was one of the department that was established since Taipei Imperial University was first founded in 1928. After the Recession of Taiwan during 1945, our university was renamed as National Taiwan University. Our institute was developed based on the fundamental of Agrochemical Chemistry, which was originated from the period when Taiwan was ruled by Japanese, and integrated with other departments from College of Agriculture, to form the Department of Agricultural Chemistry now. With the support of our abundant resources and dedicated faculty members, our graduate Master department was officially established in 1947.In 1956, our undergraduate department was divided into 2 groups: Students can choose either group of Agricultural Products Processing or group of Soil and Fertilizers. In 1968, Ph.D. department was also established. Our institute has become the most historical and well established department among the College of Bioresources and Agriculture in National Taiwan University.
|1928 Taipei Imperial University was founded
|1928. The establishment of the Department of Agrochemical Chemistry
|1945. The Department of Agricultural Chemistry, College of Agriculture, National Taiwan University was formed
|1947. Our institute started Master’s program
|1961. Undergraduate program was divided into two groups: Agricultural Products Processing and Soil Fertilizers
|1968. Ph. D. program was started. Graduate program was divided into three divisions: Soil Fertilizers, Agricultural Products Processing, and Biochemical Nutrition
|1994. Graduate program was divided into five divisions (soil environment and plant nutrition, biotechnological chemistry, biological chemistry, microbiology, and nutrient science)
|2002. The College of Agriculture was renamed as the College of Bioresources and Agriculture
|2003. 18 teachers were assigned to newly-founded Department of Biochemistry and Technology(College of Life Science). The other 18 teachers stayed in our department.